Monday, January 30, 2006

magic


I captured this image at an amazing garden in Somerset, England called Hestercombe. I visited in September, when the cool damp mornings did much for great mysterious misty photos. I think the magic and mystery of many of the gardens that I visited on that trip is a good part of what is lacking here in the States. There are so many wonderful opportunities for designers today to really beef up the landscape with innovative plants, materials, and design ideas, but many in the industry are more interested in the bottom line than with their responsibility to innovate. Maybe this is why I remain a small company--perhaps it's more fitting to say because of this I am a small company. I am thrilled to be able to work intimately with clients--as well as with my contractors and suppliers. I can't imagine being in the business without being able to create that connection: client-design-grower-supplier-garden. None of us in the green industry truly works alone: we are a web of creative, conscious folks working towards a rather noble goal: beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home