Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Beginning

I'm glad you're here and hope you'll stop back often to see what's new with Dig In. It's an exciting time as I continue with my internship outside Springfield, IL at Starhill Forest Arboretum located in Petersburg, IL. My next commute downstate happens early next week, and will see me continue with my proficiency tests in chainsaw use, as well as a sightseeing tour of WAY downstate: southern Illinois' Horsehoe Lake. There our little team of explorers, including my chainsaw mentor Guy Sternberg, will explore the varied landscape that is this part of Southern IL...swampy bottomlands as well as drier upland flats. I hope to include some photos of the wonderful trees that populate the area, including Taxodium and Nyssa Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home